Little known Zacherle CHILLER facts...
- The original Chiller Theatre convention was first held in an old movie theater in Rutherford, N.J.
- In the basement of the the old theatre was a modern movie theatre.
- Zacherle gave his first Chiller Theatre appearance telling stories and answering questions.
- We thought they had lighting down there, but they didn't! A mechanic friend of ours ran to his work truck and found an electricians light on a 40 foot cord. This was the only lighting available... a 75 watt light bulb.
- As Zach stood in front of the packed 700 seat movie theatre, in the dark depths of the front of the stage, he ad libbed and turned the light into a working prop and started his magic! Under the low eerie light, in an otherwise totally dark movie house, Zach gave one of his funniest and best seminars ever!
- Zacherle the Cool Ghoul sang live on the first night of the convention, backed up by 60's garage band, The Creeping Pumpkins!
Congratulations! You found one of many easter eggs scattered
throughout the site! Pssstt... don't tell anyone! Our little secret!